Disability News Service, Resources, Diversity, Americans with Disabilities Act; Local and National.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Illinois "Best Buddies" program for Disabled Youth faces Gov. Rauner's Budget Cuts - Online Petition

more of Illinois Gov Bruce Rauner's  proposed 2015 Budget Cuts. As posted at Change.org



Bruce Rauner: Continue funding for Best Buddies Program.

Nadia Estrada 
Chicago, Illinois
Governor Rauner plans to cut funds from several services and programs in order to make a "competitive economy" for Illinois, but he has failed to realize that he will be taking away much more than just money. I started this petition because I participate in my high school's Best Buddies Program. Best Buddies is an international program that focuses on creating friendships, opportunities, and leadership for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). This program has been positively affective by allowing for those with IDD to prosper on their own later in life by securing a job and home whilst being an inspiring leader. The program also promotes friendships and togetherness amongst all individuals, no matter who you are. As soon as I began the program I never felt such an amazing amount of acceptance and positivity. It allowed me to gain new perspectives and better myself by supporting others. With that being said, I hope you can support me and the program as well. Please be our buddy and sign this petition for Rauner to continue funding our program.
The person (or organization) who started this petition is not affiliated with Change.org. Change.org did not create this petition and is not responsible for the petition content.

No comments: